Vestry Meeting Minutes
May 11, 2015
Trinity Church, Pawtuxet
Vestry Members: Vickie Ancona, Cathie Beattie, Colleen Burg, Nancy Haight, Carol Hills, Fred Holst, Celeste Leal, Winston Lima, Don Raleigh, Mitch Lindeman
Vestry Members absent: Scott Avedisian, Don Elderkin, Chris Margadonna, Jeremy VonFlatern
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM with a prayer lead by Fr. Mitch.
Minutes: Fred Holst made a motion to accept the vestry minutes from the April meeting as presented; Carol Hills seconded the motion. The minutes were approved as presented.
Treasurer’s report: Nancy reviewed the April treasurer’s report. There were questions about the report, so it was decided that Nancy would submit a revised report in email.
Some questions arose during the meeting regarding finances:
- What is the status of the diocesan loan to help pay for the new heating system?
- What is the status of having automatic withdrawals for parishioners who would like to use this method for their weekly pledges? Thrivent did not cover this as thoroughly as we expected.
- What project is a possibility for the Armbrust yearly gift?
Junior Warden’s report: Fred reported:
- Appreciation Sunday will take place May 17 at the 10:00 service.
- A “clean-up” Saturday will take place June 20. This is for both the inside and outside the church. Bring gloves and rakes.
- The school will be leaving the rooms in the annex as of the end of May.
- It was suggested that there be motion sensors on the lights in the bathrooms, so they won’t be left on.
- Winston Lima and Manny Rocha will clean all the floors, so we do not need to hire floor cleaners.
- Pancake breakfast will take place June 13.
- A Sunday school picnic will take place June 14.
- Fred will talk with Scott about using recycling bins.
- Summer church schedule will be the same as during the year.
Fr. Mitch discussed several items:
- Several weddings will take place this summer.
- Gaspee service will take place June 13; pancake breakfast.
- Blessing of the fleet will take place at the Edgewood Yacht Club on May 16.
- Bluegrass festival will take place July 5; Marsue will lead the service while Fr. Mitch is away.
- The parochial report is signed, scanned, and submitted.
- The Lindeman house is getting organized. Everything is under one roof.
- Lent, stations of the cross, and Easter went well.
- Men’s group is going well.
- There was a computer issue with the Trinity website; that has been resolved. A permanent fix is being put in place.
- The church computer needs updating.
- The audit committee has been put in place:
- Jeremy VonFlatern
- Bill Plumb
- Peter Dorsey
- A question arose regarding special collections: as long as it is marked for the special collection, it will be moved to the correct place. Some addition thoughts were to have a special collection envelope available, perhaps in the bulletin.
- Regarding the list of items from the retreat:
- Retreat: Cathi Beattie, Colleen Burg, and Vickie Ancona will chair that committee.
- We will look for good laundromats to “subsidize”.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:20.
The next meeting will be held June 8 at 7:00 on Bill Plumb’s boat.
Respectfully submitted by:
Clerk of Vestry